If you ask us in person, the normal response is because we are awesome. All joking aside, the answer is much more than a one-word answer. Let me share several reasons as to what separates us from the rest of the pack.
1. We have worn every hat in the typical title agency as well as Real Estate Industry.
- Front Desk/Receptionist – answered phones and typed Title Commitments
- Title Search Examiner – reviewed Title Searches 8 hours full-time, for multiple states
- Title Conveyancer – ordered payoffs, final water, lien statements
- Closing Preparation Specialist – focused on the preparation of HUD and closing documents
- Settlement Agent – a licensed agent who conducted closings on purchase and refinance deals
- Disbursement Agent – handled all checks post-closing and made sure they were sent to the appropriate party
- Policy Creator – created owner’s and loan policies based on file scenario
- Closing Department Supervisor – lead a team of 5 driven closers to success every day
- Branch Manager – responsible for all parties in the title agency and their performance
- Strategic Partner – run the day-to-day operations of a multi-state title agency
- Realtor – sold everything from air rights to condos
- Mortgage Loan Broker – wrote loans during the most volatile market in US history
2. We have closed almost every type of Real Estate scenario possible.
- First Time Home Buyers
- Veterans – VA loans
- FHA Loans
- FHA 203K Loans
- USDA Rural Housing Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- Private Money
- Hard Money
- Commercial Purchase Ranging from $50k-$41.5 Million
- 1-4 Family Units
- Multi-Units up to 600
- Banked Owned Properties.
- Auction Sold properties
- Investment Properties
- Wholesale Deals
- Land, Condos, Townhouses, Lake Front, Beach Front
- 1031 Exchanges
- Tenants in Common
- Blanket loan or Cross Collateral
- Estates, Trust, LLC, Corps
3. We are educated and empowered to make business decisions.
- Maintain Title Insurance Producer License in FL, NJ, and PA through continuous education
- Maintain Membership in American Land Title Association, where I am HOP Certified Leader
- Maintain PA Notary Public Appointment
- Empowered to evaluate risk and impact on insured as well as agency
So, when you run into a sales representative or business development person ask them about their experience running a title company and what states they are licensed. Chances are, they have very limited experience and when you have an important issue with a deal that needs a solid business response or decision, you’ll need a representative who can truly speak the title language in order to respond accurately to your needs.
As a side note, I do not profess to know it all. What separates us from others is knowing when to reach out for additional assistance and asking the right questions in order to get an issue resolved, both timely and accurately.